Thursday, February 23, 2023

Review: Nethermancy upcoming album "Worship Evil Sacrifice"

Portuguese Black Metal band Nethermancy are releasing an album called Worship Evil Sacrifice in April, through Helldprod Records, and it is going immediately to Lachryma Christi top 10 releases of 2023, for sure. Some of the best Black Metal music I've heard not only this year, but in a while.

When I heard the track Tyrants | Usurpers of Light yesterday, I got really curious about the rest of the album, as it could only be very good. I wouldn't expect anything less from this trio, to be honest.  However, it is even a lot better than I had antecipated. 

So what can you expect of Worship Evil Sacrifice? You can count on 8 tracks (including an instrumental intro and an instrumental closing track) that are pure old school Black Metal music. If I close my eyes, I can go straight back to the 90s. It also has a touch of that Black 'n' Roll that was being made a few years ago, but by far better than anything I have heard on that style. 

The keyboards are so good, so fitting, nothing symphonic but all very atmospheric and appropriate for the genre. Pipe organs and voices (and not only) coming through at the most perfect times.
There are some Thrash Metal influences too, and they are very much welcome. From the rhythms to the riffs, to the actual feel. The track 4 Nuclear Christ Armageddon is a perfect example of that.

I love this album. There's nothing not to like in there. Everything fits so well together, there's fury, there's anger, there's heaviness even in the slowest bits, it is all very good and well put together. 
All the mentioned above, plus the majestic voice with its echo, bring such a feel, it's awesome really. I'm sure I will listen to it very often. 
My favourite track might be track 6 Satanic Black Mass. Or 7 Death Sermon. I can't decide. 

The cover art translates very well what's inside. What you get is what you see. Pure traditional and perfectly executed Black Metal. 






No comments:

Post a Comment