Thursday, February 2, 2023

Review: Enisum's upcoming album "Forgotten Mountains"

Black Metal band Enisum from Italy, are releasing a new album called Forgotten Mountains, through Avantgarde Music. The album is scheduled to be released on the 17th of February. 
Enisum have been around since 2006 and they have released quite a few releases along the years.
Forgotten Mountains is so atmospheric. Everything about it shouts "nature". From the music, to the artwork. Which, I guess, is the idea. 
It is so emotional, I've been staring at my screen without words to describe it. Trying anyway, I find it very powerful, angry, but I also think it brings a feeling of deep sadness as well. And what's better? I like it. I like this feeling.
Forgotten Mountains is full of melody, dragged vocals also with some clean voices here and there, and very heavy and deep rhythms, filled with melancholic riffs. It is so fast at times, and so dragged at others, however, with perfect balance.
I don't think I'll ever see a mountain the same way after listening to this. And I mean it in a good way. If I close my eyes, I can imagine myself deep in the woods, with just silence and mountains around. 
What does Forgotten Mountains remind me of? That's the thing. Nothing. It's unique. It's beautiful, full of feeling, full of thoughts, full of energy. So full you can almost feel that energy with your hands.
I like it. Enisum make this kind of music perfectly, I can't tell one thing I don't like about this album. And it stays in your head. In your most trivial tasks, their songs pop in your head easily, working as a soundtrack.
So, it is around 45 minutes of sadness, melancholy, but also anger and fury every now and then, and a feeling of being surrounded by cold mountains and trees. I loved it.






No comments:

Post a Comment