Monday, March 4, 2024

Review: Kawir's upcoming album "Κυδοιμος" (Kydoimos)

Greek Black Metal band Kawir are releasing a new album called Kydoimos on rhe 19th or April, through Soulseller Records.

If you like very fast and angry and furious Black Metal, with some melodious riffs and blast beats from beginning to end, you'll love Kydoimos.

Kydoimos songs are all of them very rapid, very full of wrath and power, but it's not only that. There are some ambient keyboards, that add a lot of strength and atmosphere to the music.

One thing I noticed, is that the whole album is very bassy and grave. I don't know if it is intentional or not, but I like it either way. Because the music is already so fast and piercing, that the more bassy element adds balance to it.

The themes of the songs are all about Greek Mythology, which is very interesting and entertaining as well. Music is always a good way of learning tales and legends from other cultures,

The riffs and melodies are very gripping and catchy. There is an element of repetition, that makes them stay in your head, and when you realise, afterwards you're singing or whistling them. I'm not saying this as criticizing, I like it.

All songs are extremely violent in terms of rhythm, and the voice keeps perfect company to the whole thing.

My favourite song might be track 4 Hecatonchires. It is a bit different from the others, as it starts with a slower bit, that sounds almost like an hymn, breaking the pattern a bit. The whole song is more melodic. I wouldn't call it a balad, but it is kind of the balad of the album, to some extent.

Song Myrmidons is an absolute killer. Such riffs and solos and such an aggression, that if this doesn't bring you the adrenaline you need for the day, I don't know what will. 

Well, I like Kydoimos very much, it is different, subjects are interesting, it is mighty, intense, potent, vigorous, proper fast Black Black Metal music. 

Another band I'd love to see live, must be such a majestic show.

I'm sure you'll like it as much as I did.

















No comments:

Post a Comment