Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Review: Firienholt's upcoming album "White Frost and Elder Blood"

White Frost and Elder Blood is the second album of British Epic Atmospheric Black Metal band Firienholt. It is set to come out on the 27th of January.

So, what can you expect of White Frost and Elder Blood?

My first impression was that it reminded me very much of Summoning, from Austria. But, a bit lighter and less emotional. However, I was wrong.

As I went along and heard all the four tracks of the release, one by one, it actually grew more and more on me. Although keeping those rhythms and all percussion bits that these more Epic and Tolkien influenced bands usually use in their music, it is actually heavier and more original, profound and even more obscure than it seemed at first. Very interesting, very emotional and very much enjoyable, it took me into this fantastic journey, which I liked so much that I even heard the release twice on a row, and will certainly listen to it more times.

It is definitely very Epic, even touching the romantic if we can call it that. It is dreamy. It has some medieval elements too at times, and lovely synths. The voice goes from clear voices to dragged, bringing a stronger and more majestic atmosphere to the whole album, every now and then.

I haven't heard their previous album, but now I know I will.

As for White Frost and Elder Blood, the promotional track is the first one, Trails of Destiny. But my favourite is the third one, Shadows of the Great Flame.

So if you're into this kind of Epic and fantastic music with a Black Metal touch, you'll certainly enjoy this album. If it is not your thing, give it a listen anyway. It might change your mind.


You can listen to the first track Trails of Destiny here:








No comments:

Post a Comment