Friday, May 21, 2021

Review: Isgherurd Morth's debum album "Hellrduk"

Today, Lachryma Christi brings you a review to the album Hellrduk, which is the first album of the Avantgard Black Metal band Isgherurd Morth. 
For those who are not familiar with this band, which I wasn't either before I got their message on Facebook, they are from Siberia, and they have been around since around 2015.
And Hellrduk came out already in March. Sad that only this week Lachryma Christi heard of it!
Well, this was quite a good surprise. I liked it very much. 
It is so professional and sober. Very heavy and aggressive. Not the confusing aggressive, but the motivational and powerful aggressive.
Instrumentally, you can tell there is a huge complicity between the musicians, who are actually a trio. Trios are most of the times a good and almost shocking surprise in what comes to Black Metal. How can a trio put up a sound like this? That shall remain a mystery. 
What else can we say? We can say it is a very Black Metal album, with Shoegazeish Doom influences. I am saying this in a good way. They really managed to make the best of those styles meet in their songs.
Hellrduk has five tracks, and they are all so fantastic. So intelligent. 
I can't find anything that I don't like in it. And I have to add that the guitar solos sometimes are quite surprising. There are bits where they have a very healthy Heavy Metal vibe on them. I like it.
All instruments play an equal importance on the songs. Including the voice. Everything is perfectly balanced.
What a journey!




No comments:

Post a Comment