Thursday, February 29, 2024

Review: Meister Leonhardt's upcoming album "Thanatopoeia"

Back Metal band Meister Leonhardt are releasing a new album called Thanatopoeia, via Purity Through Fire. The album is scheduled to be released on the 21st of March.

It is very good indeed, proper Black Metal, without artifacts. Going straight to my top releases of 2024.

So what can you expect from Thanatopoeia

Thanatopoeia has 6 amazing tracks, I can't even chose a favourite.

Meister Leonhardt's music is so powerful and furious. Also has it's melodic bits, of course, it is very well balanced, I have to say. But even those melodic parts have their dose of anger, and the whole album is very obscure. 

There is a very strong darkness through the whole release. I love it. The voice is also so desperate and full of rage and wrath, which adds a lot to the atmosphere. At some point there are clean voices, very subtle and appropriate, adding to the mystery.

This is the kind of album that I put on, and suddenly it had ended. The 6 tracks felt like they went so quickly, because the music is so good, so vibrant, so full of feel, so pleasant to listen to. 

I'd like to see Meister Leonhardt live.
 
So if you like Black Metal music that takes you elsewhere, through an icy and empowering journey, raw enough, melodic enough, where skill and talent stands out, and where you end up speechless as I am right now, go for it.

I feel quite energised after I listened to it. I, sure everyone else will too.











No comments:

Post a Comment