Thursday, February 8, 2024

Review: Duindwaler's upcoming album "In het Heemskerks duin"

Dutch Black Metal band Duindwaler are releasing a new album called In het Heemskerks duin, on the 21st of March, through War Productions (CD) / Void Wanderer Productions (CD) / Zwaertgevegt (MC).

In fact, Duindwaler is a one man band,
This is very good Black Metal, I must say. It really is composed and performed with brilliance.

What can you expect from In het Heemskerks duin?
It is actually the first album of Duindwaler. Before this, the band had released a EP, and participated on a split. Which I haven't listened to yet, but now I want to.

So In het Heemskerks duin is like a shot of adrenaline. It is full of obscure but fast paced riffs and blast beats. Of course, not just that, that was only a brief introduction, since this album is a lot more profound. But yes, I wouldn't call it traditional, but familiar and welcoming.
The voice is very rough and thick, grave. Not the more common high pitched voice. I personally prefer the high pitched voices, as per my personal taste. But the voice here combines perfectly. It is quite respectable and majestic. I wouldn't change anything in it.

So, the album is composed of six tracks, all of them very powerful, intense, deep, strong, fierce. It is actually extraordinary. I could go on describing it for a long time.

You can tell this it is composed and played with all the passion possible and imaginary. Every track is very inspired and inspiring too. My favourite tracks might actually be the first and the last ones. Because they have a perfect blend of melody and harshness. There is an inherent anger and melancholy (if it makes sense that those two go together), that are even difficult to describe, but which bring together a whole atmosphere you won't want to get out of. I know I don't.
It is really good, it is beautiful.

Keep an eye on the date, it is the 21st of March!







No comments:

Post a Comment