Sunday, February 25, 2024

Review: Ischemic's upcoming album "Condemned to the Breaking Wheel"

Ischemic are a Blackened Death Doom band from Canada, and I wouldn't be able to find a better description for the music they play. Although I don't really like to label Black Metal music styles, here in this case it's very appropriate, because that is exactly the music they do. No more, no less. Very good though.

Condemned to the Breaking Wheel is their third full-length, and it will be released on the 5th of April.

What can you expect of this album? Well, Condemned to the Breaking Wheel has four tracks, all of them extremely grave, bassy and heavy. Besides the songs being melodic and very musical, they are performed with excellence and the vocals are extraordinary. Those gutural are just so deep and cavernous. It's two different vocals. The quality of the production is also very high, and although I usually prefer a bit more rough and raw productions, I have to confess this album is brutal. I seriously liked it a lot.

Ischemic is another band I haven't heard about before, so I wasn't sure what I was about to get into. I'm very pleasantly surprised.

I admit the Death Metal influences and elements are the predominant ones on their music. And as much as Death Metal isn't very much my cup of tea, I loved the blend. Also the Doom bits are so emotional, especially on the second track Tomb Fog. And then there are the twists. When you are getting emotional and completely taken by those sad and nearly depressive vibes, it turns into proper Black Metal in a very surprising and unexpected way. 

Ischemic make a big difference on this style of music. Their music is bloody good and brings some fresh air to the industry.

My favourite track might be the third one Rust and Bones. Can't describe why, it's just so good.

So, if you are into this kind of highly Death Metal influenced Black Metal music, with some touch of Doom here and there, strong and profound vocals, you'll love Condemned to the Breaking Wheel.







No comments:

Post a Comment