Friday, June 23, 2023

Review: Alghol's upcoming album "Night Eternal"

Recently, Lachryma Christi was contacted by Pete from the project Alghol, as his new album is coming up next month. It is called Night Eternal, and it is Alghol's second full length.

So what can you expect from Night Eternal? Well, it is composed of 8 tracks of the most varied and interesting Black Metal music. You can tell how much effort was put in this album, and how much experience was gathered along the years.

I've listened to it like three times already, in different days and in different moods, and I quite like it every time. It is a raw Black Metal album, but with many influences from old 90s and early 2000s music from the North of Europe. One thing that caught my attention and which takes me back to those old days even, is that occasional keyboard sound that stands out. When you listen to it, you'll now exactly what I'm talking about. I don't want to spoil it too much for you. But I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised, just like me.

Night Eternal brings you a very heavy and fast paced music. Very intense, very energetic. It is a great album.
However, if you like something a bit more emotional and with more depth, I'm sure track 5 What Lies Within, will be up your alley. It is one of my favourites. It starts with a piano sort of ballad part, heavy and powerful, followed by an immensely melodic guitar riff,  then moves on to an expected almost power metalish scream, before it heads back to a very rhythmic and steady Black Metal music. So good!

Still, I find that there are also thrash influences in Night Eternal, and track 6 Out From the Jungle might be a perfect example of this. 

As you can tell, there is variety, there is a very sensible way of exploring so many genres, putting them all together in one, bringing us a very potent and and effective kind of music, as it all makes sense.

Night Eternal is a very vigorous, stable, sober, fast, fierce and strong album. It is formidable. 







No comments:

Post a Comment