Sunday, July 25, 2021

Review: Gospelheim's upcoming single "Into Smithereens"

Greetings, fellow readers!
Things have been a bit slow around here, as you might have noticed, but I have a ton of work on my actual job, so haven't had as much time, but eventually, I will!

However, I am not here to write about me (just thought you should know what's going on), but about Gospelheim and their new single,
Into Smithereens, which is scheduled to be released on the 30th of July.

Gospelheim are a new band from Manchester, which include members from Impavidus, Frozen In Shadows, Agvirre, and others. Lachryma Christi has worked with Agvirre in the past.
Before we continue, let me tell you this single Into Smithereens is the first single to be released from their upcoming debut album, coming out in the new year.

So, what can you expect from this single? It is a mix of gothic rock, classic heavy metal and black metal.
I liked it very much. It is a breeze of fresh air. Different, heavy, catchy, melodic, and with beautifully sung clean and clear voices, male and female.
The song is quite original, and at the same time brings you that comfortable feeling that only a good song or album can do.
I heard it once, then I had to hear it again, and again, not sure how many times I heard the song in a loop. Hopefully, it will work just like that for you too.
2021 has been a very good year, in what comes to the black metal (and related) style. Gospelheim have black metal influences more instrumentally. It is a very good song, that will stay in your head for a long time, and although the band is newly formed, you can tell musicians are very talented and know what they are doing and where they want to go. Their sound is unique, very sober and consistent.
It is very pleasing to listen to. I felt quite pleased, and I am sure many of you will too.

To mention some influences I found here: My Dying Bride, Therapy (from early 2000s) - strange, but yes!, and I would risk to mention a bit of Moonspell. Intrigued? You can listen to Into Smithereens on the 30th. I will be sharing a link for sure.

You may also expect a review of the full album, when the time comes.

(and look at that logo!)





No comments:

Post a Comment